Convivium Press’ Privacy Protection: Our Commitment to You
Convivium Press, Inc. (“Convivium Press”) recognizes the sensitive nature of your nonpublic personal information, and we take precautions to protect your privacy. When you provide us with this information, we will use it only in accordance with our strict guidelines.
- Provide you with the products and services you have requested.
- Offer you other products and services from Convivium Press.
- Make doing business with Convivium Press more convenient for you.
In no event do we provide your account or nonpublic personal information to anyone outside of Convivium Press for the purpose of independent telemarketing or direct mail marketing of any products or services. We also maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to guard against the unauthorized disclosure of this information.
The Kinds of Information We Collect.
Convivium Press collects nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- From you when you register as a user on our website or a forum of our website. Convivium Press may ask you to provide information such as your credit card information (although we do not maintain a record of this information after your purchase is processed), as well as identifying information such as your name, address, telephone number, and social security number.
- From your transactions with us. We maintain information about your transactions with Convivium Press including the types of transactions and payment history.
- From the bank where you maintain your checking account.
- From consumer credit reporting agencies and from persons we contact when we verify information you provide on applications to do business with us including your spouse, relatives, and employer.
How We Use This Information.
We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about you or any of our former customers to anyone, except as permitted by law. These disclosures include the following:
- Within Convivium Press. We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those of our employees who need to know such information to provide the products or services that you have requested to you. Our company policy requires employees to maintain the confidentiality of your nonpublic personal information.
- Companies You Ask Us to Share Information With. Convivium Press may get permission from you to share your information. If you grant permission, it will only apply to the specific program or programs you consent to. If you have previously requested that we block the sharing of you information, that request will remain in place for all other situations.
- Outside Service Providers. At times, we have arrangements with companies whose assistance is essential for the delivery of our products and services to you. These firms perform their services at Convivium Press's direction and, as permitted by law, we share customer information necessary to perform these services to them. As with all of our business partners, these companies are required to safeguard your information and use it only for authorized purposes.
- Courts and Government Bodies. U.S. Federal and state laws may require us to share information about you. For example, if you are involved in a legal matter with a third party, we may be ordered to provide information to a court or other party. In these circumstances, only the information required by law, subpoena or court order will be provided.
European Union Safe Harbor Policy